Sr. Full Stack Web Engineer
Join us in creating a delightful consumer podcast experience that is scalable, beautiful and of exceptional quality. We want to create something that listeners and podcasters love and recommend to their friends. Learn more about why RadioPublic is a great place to work.
We're looking for someone to join our team working on our Website and APIs.
You'll have the opportunity to influence the technical and product decisions at an early stage company that's rethinking radio.
You'll work directly with members of the founding team, industry veterans who started RadioPublic after years at PRX, and add your own expertise to the conversation.
You'll shape the future of podcasts by helping to craft an exceptional experience for our apps and on the web, and construct world class tools for producers to reach their listeners and build a sustainable business.
We currently have a mix of AWS Lambda (using Node), Ruby on Rails, Postgres, and ElasticSearch on the backend, and CSS, HTML, XML, and some XSLT for good measure on the frontend. Our web pages are implemented in React / Redux on the frontend and the backend. Our web team is small and speedy, and we're looking to maintain that pace as our needs on the web advance.
We're only set up to handle employees in the US right now, but will try to work something out for an exceptional candidate.
- You love podcasts and the idea of making them more sustainable.
- You've been working on websites long enough to know that you will never fully catch up with what's new (and you kind of love it).
- You like being nice and working with nice people.
- You're interested in taking ownership of administering ElasticSearch, slinging CSS, and everything else that speaks HTTP.
- You've had a nightmare about the esoteric incantations of API Gateway (but also think Lambda & API Gateway are pretty awesome together).
- You've got opinions on Docker, RSS, and Typescript that you can back up with experience.
- You've worked on a distributed team before.
- You love writing BigQuery ... queries.
- You've got some Open Source contributions under your belt.
- A New MacBook & Large Monitor (or equivalent, tell us what tools you need to do a great job)
- Healthcare, Paid Vacation, 401K Matching
- Competitive Salary & Employee Stock Options
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
We want our team to reflect the wide diversity of our country, and we strongly encourage POC and LGBTQ candidates to apply. We’re committed to structuring our hiring process and company to be welcoming to applicants of all backgrounds.
RadioPublic is an equal opportunity employer.